- Clearly advertise the fact that you accept credit cards. Ask your provider to supply you with a sign or create one yourself - see below.
- If your device does not issue a physical receipt, always make sure that your customer provides you with an mobile phone number or email address where the receipt can be issued.
- Keep a record of all your transactions, don't simply rely on the the device. You'll need this information if someone disputes a transaction.
- Remember to have your device fully charged and you have a way of charging your device without an electricity socket.
- Remember not everyone trusts technology, always find out where the closest ATM is.
- Do your research and shop around to find the right service for you. Remember to reveiw contract periods, monthly fees, transaction percentage and transaction fees.
- Think about setting a minimum spend or surcharge for transactions to avoid unnecessary transaction fees. You should advertise clearly that there is a minimum spend or surcharge. Refer to Lifehacker's article for further information on this issue.
- Bring along your devices' Trouble Shooting Guide.
Make your own sign!
Click Here to download this template.