By taking part in the CHA Annual Craft Swap you will have a great opportunity to challenge yourself! You are not restricted to only swapping things that you sell; in fact we encourage you to challenge yourselves! Go nuts and try something new. You can do it!
Here are the SWAP RULES you need to follow to ensure a smooth, fair and fun experience!
- Once you have received your swap partner details you MUST contact your swap partner within 14 days or you will be left out of the swap and your partner will be allocated another partner.
- Please note that this is a direct swap, that is you send to and receive from the same person.
- Through out the swap to keep in contact with your swap partner via email. If you want to, you can give the person who is sending to you an idea of your likes and dislikes - or you can go for a complete surprise, it's up to you. Make sure that you check out your partner’s website to get an idea of who they are, and what they might like.
- If for some reason you have to drop out of the swap – please contact your swap partners and the co-ordinator (aka Christine Percy) as quickly as possible, as we might be able to arrange a new swap partner for that person.
- Before sending your parcel, take a photo and remember to include a note with your gift, telling how you decided to make what you did. If possible a personalised label on your gift is a great way for your swap partners to remember you for years to come.
- All swap items must be in the post no later than 30th July 2012. Please send items via registered mail or prepaid satchel so the item can be tracked.
- You must email you partner notifying them that their item has been sent. Please note down the date sent, the tracking number and the location you sent it from.
- Email your Swap Partner when your item has been received.
- Once you have opened your gift, ensure you thank you swap partner. We are also encouraging participants to post post a message on their Facebook page (or similar social media tool) with a link back to their partners business, with a description and photo of your gift.
- If you find you are having problems with a swap partner: Before posting a message about this publicly please contact the co-ordinator who will try to resolve it for you. NB: CHA cannot take responsibility for people who fail to follow through on their swap
- Please don't disappoint your swap partner, please remember that you have committed to creating an item:
- that is hand-crafted item which you would value between $20 - $50. You can send multiple items to bring it up to this value if you like.
- that is for an adult (and not a child); your item is a gift for your partner.
Take this opportunity to get to know someone in the industry!
CHA cannot take responsibility for people who fail to follow through on their swap. After we assign your partners, it is up to you and your partner to establish communication and complete the swap by the due date.
PLEASE NOTE THIS SWAP IS FOR AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS ONLY
We welcome you to send in a photo of the items you send to you partner, for potential inclusion in our post swap review. You can email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensure you make it clear who (business name) produced the item, as well as your business details:
We would also love it if you could spend the word about our fun Craft Swap. You can do this by tweeting about it, doing a shootout on Facebook, mentioning it in one of the forums you are active in, Pinning our Pin-able to you Pinterest Page, blogging about it etc.